Wednesday, May 16, 2007

PA

The other day a friend of mine and I made our way out to New Hope, PA just to get away for a while.

admittedly, I also wanted to check out their sex-shops.
I realized that the last time that I had been to a sex-shop there was about four years ago and the time before that was about two years ago.

The first time I had gone, my girlfriend at the time dragged me from shop to shop until we found one that had a remarkably large selection of latex. We ended up buying something simple there, since neither of us really had that much cash to blow.
However, the second time I went to the town I didn't go back to that shop, since I was with someone who was so uptight about sex that he needed me to do tasks for him like; buying condoms or men's magazines. So I figured he wouldn't be able to handle walking through aisles of rubber while I perused.

Anyway, upon this trip my friend and I found the shop and entered. To my dismay I found that most everything in the store was either lycra, vinyl, PVC, neoprene, or cheap leather. As many sex-shops, it seemed more like all the garments were essentially costumes; naughty nurse outfits, German police uniforms, etc.
After leafing through for a bit I realized there was nothing that even remotely interested me, then we came to their latex section, which was rather pathetic. My closet at home has more rubber in it than this store was stocking, and I don't exactly pride myself on my large collection.

As I made my first pass through their selection I found a couple items that I could have seen myself buying (a couple skirts). However, as I checked through all their items, something seemed off. Upon closer inspection I noticed that all the seams weren't glued right, there were folds in the rubber, and it all just looked... not good.
I figured that they must have been selling the stuff for dirt cheap, so I picked up a couple skirts (both of which had no tags, ie. designers), each of which I wouldn't have paid any more than 80 dollars on, and to my utter amazement they were each about 140-150 dollars.

So alas, the latex-acquisition portion of the trip was a bust, but was otherwise lots of fun.. and we got to see cows!
(my hand in the upper left corner)

3 comments:

ClosetMonster said...

Bummer about the shopping trip. The few shops around here, in North Florida, are so incredibly stagnant regarding anything fetish...but we do have plenty of sea-cows (manatees) ;)

Unknown said...

Yep, most of the shops here in Mid-Florida are also pretty dull when it comes to latex items, and what they do have is extremely over-priced. Ah, if only one of the good places like Marquis or Simon-O were close by...

Arran

xerxes31415 said...

Yeah, there are lots of those shops here in LA where they make it seem like they have a large fetish selection. However, when you actually look through their inventory, they only have a few garments, most of which are novelty stuff.