Saturday, January 12, 2008

random sighting

I'm super sleepy, but I just finished watching "Paprika" (a movie).
I wasn't expecting it, but there's actually a masking scene of sorts in it. It's a little hard to explain, but a girl basically gets her skin torn in half from her naval to cranium and it reveals a naked woman who is pulled from the husk.

It's a quick scene, maybe only 5-10 seconds shortly after the hour-mark in the movie, so it's hardly worth the rental unless you're already interested in seeing it. Just to give a quick review, I thought it was pretty good (visually at least), but I would only suggest it to those who like anime and particularly liked Paranoia Agent (an anime series which is artistically and conceptually very similar to this movie).

K, to bed for me.

4 comments:

ClosetMonster said...

Lol I just watched this last night too! Already knew about the scene but wanted to watch the movie itself. It was pretty cool. I enjoyed the visuals and the story.

I must have really enjoyed the visuals, because I had a dream this morning with lots of popping in and out of pictures, like in the movie.

Anonymous said...

to closet:

haha, yeah that was a neat effect. I kind of wish I had dreams like in Paprika, however most of my dreams are SUPER mundane.. The last dream I remember was just me waking up and eating breakfast. =P

but yeah, I liked the movie too.

Anonymous said...

Just a little question about your femskin, what kind is it ? Soft ? Medium ? Deep tone ?

Anonymous said...

it's a 'soft'