Tuesday, January 27, 2009

mask and the future

wow, that was a lot of comments in a very short period of time!

Yup, I've been keeping up with the SPFX masks forums and am yet to know if or when a decent realistic female mask will be made by them, however I think they're more likely to make one over composite effects.

I also did just checked out the photogenic masks site, they are a bit more expensive than I thought they were or rather the spfx ones are cheaper than I remembered. Regardless, Natori's site is not taking any orders at the moment, so it's really not an issue cause I can't buy anything. However, I agree with one of the anon-comments in saying that, "the Natori masks are more like beautiful sculptures of part of women's heads, made to fit more or less over one's face."
I definitely prefer the idea of an over-the-head silicone mask to a helmet-like one, even though the natoris masks do look great.

I have thought about making one myself, but I also thought about how I can't make anything myself, I'm utterly useless in creating anything, unless it's a performing art of some sort.
Anyhow, something good will come out I'm sure.
50 years ago the best we had were corsets and women's clothes, then there was padding, now there's more realistic inserts, prosthetics that can transform male genitals into women's, full silicone body-suits, and an array of wonderful female masks and make-up techniques.

So I'm sure some great things will be coming out in the future.. even if many of them won't be here in the near future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you ever actually make it out my way I can make you a silicone mask :P

-TM

Anonymous said...

well actualy rubbersisters does have a wery realistic mask (not helmet like natoris) as far as i know they're planing to sell those masks