Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Comment response response

I appreciate the input Jenn, CM, & Kitty.

I would say that masking is fairly integral to my personality, however it's not something I see myself absolutely needing in life. That's not to say I'm planning on giving it up or anything like that, it might just be that I'm currently in somewhat of a masking slump.. and I certainly know that when I'm single I mask like crazy, but it's definitely difficult doing it within a relationship where my partner doesn't know about it.

My main hang-up about telling her is that deviant sexuality is something totally new to her. Just getting her into any sort of latex garment only happened because I approached it in a slow, careful, and caring way. She's gotten a little more comfortable with wearing a few items, but anything like hoods, hats, jackets, belts, etc. are totally off limits (why those items? don't ask me why).

The other day I purposed that I wear some latex, but the thought frightened her. I think it's because the way she sees it is that I like how latex looks, so I'd like my partner to wear it on occasion so they can be more attractive to me.
It seems to kind of follow the logic of having one's girlfriend or wife wear a cheerleader costume or school girl uniform or what have you. However, the idea of having me also wear something seems completely foreign and crazy to her at this point. I guess it's the difference between me asking her to wear the sexy police officer costume and me asking her if it was OK if I did.. I think that analogy is pretty appropriate =P

All in all; I'm just trying to take things slow with her.

Previously I figured I'd never tell her cause we were both under the impression that we'd only be together for a month or two max, but it's been nearly half a year and looks as though things could just keep going (but equally likely that things could end abruptly).
I'm thinking that I'll introduce it to her if and when she's ready, which will most likely come after the point when I feel ready to accept her into that part of my life.
So if that happens, I'll make sure to let you all know!
=D

No comments: