Sunday, January 25, 2009

update and answers

So to answer 2 of the same questions from the last post:
Yes, there will be a 3rd part to The Pill series.
But I still need to film a few things for it and figure out some thematic details. I'm hoping to have it knocked out sometime this upcoming week.

Not a whole bunch has been going on with me lately otherwise. I've recently spent tons of money on latex and other related stuff, but most of it hasn't arrived yet, so I'm spending most of my days anxiously waiting near my mailbox.
I've also been itching for a quality silicone mask to come out, but am yet to find anything relevant on the net, which is unfortunate cause my wardrobe and 'body' are getting more and more elaborate, but my face stays the same.. it doesn't seem to make any sense, but! I have hope that a realistic silicone female mask will be made! Although, it's getting harder and harder to idly sit on the money I've set aside for it, so hopefully (for everyone) one will come out soon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Making your own silicone mask might be necessary, but it's not easy. I keep putting off even trying. I had the idea that buying a life mask of a tall actress (taller means, I hope, a bigger face) from one of the usual sellers on ebay, making a flexible silicone cast of it, and then making a silicone copy using that as a mold would be a shortcut, but there'd still be a lot to do. (Also, with most sellers of life masks, the buyer agrees not to copy the mask in any way -- just the thing I would buy it for.) Geena Davis is tall, Sigourney Weaver a bit shorter, Angelina Jolie and Natasha Henstridge somewhat shorter than that. A silicone version stretched over one's face might not look recognizably like the actress, though.

Anonymous said...

considered photogenicmasks ?
they arent cheap but theire the best out there

Anonymous said...

those photogenic ones are stiff and completely devoid of all emotion.

to match the quality of the femskin, you need something that moves with your face.

the guy who makes www.spfxmasks.com is incredibly talented and does a really good job of that. unfortunately, he only makes halloween masks of monsters.

however, if you could somehow convince him to start working on a female mask...

JenniferCD said...

The best female masks that I've ever seen are those that sell Natori (www.photogenicmask.com) Unfortunately, the shop is closed on that site for a long time and has not returned to show signs of life... Lately I'm thinking that a good makeup is better than a ny mask, but I have seen some masker who mask and makeup combined with surprising results. I tried it, glued my mask to my skin and makeup, but did not get the expected result...
I think we will have to wait for news of our friends femskin, to see if they make a silicone female mask (I think that they were working on this topic).

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the Natori masks are more like beautiful sculptures of part of women's heads, made to fit more or less over one's face. The SPFX guy or maybe his competition at Composite Effects would be able to make an over-the-head woman mask, but neither seem to be especially interested in doing so. The Femskin people might be the best bet... the thing is that a one-piece mask is probably not going to look completely realistic no matter what, sadly...

Anonymous said...

The people at Proactive Prosthetics (http://www.proactiveprosthetics.com) make an interesting facemask.

Anonymous said...

proactive prosthetics is useless.

they've been promising updates to their site and product line wince 2007 that haven't yet been put into action.

check their "latest updates" and "new products" pages. they've been promising certain things for years now, and keep saying "they'll be ready by the end of the month"