Monday, May 28, 2018

masking in public?

On facebook and on youtube I keep getting messages from other maskers asking/telling me to go mask in public. Which seems like an odd request to keep coming up. I'm in the process of writing a longer post about why I mask in general, which will further explain why I feel this way.

But personally, I'd only consider masking while out if I were in a context with other maskers or in an environment that was explicitly a kinky/latex/queer space..

The idea of being outed causes me so much anxiety that I even avoid being near windows while masked. I do think that the Creafx masks look great and extremely realistic, but I also don't think they're realistic enough to actually pass in public. I'm also tall enough to be quickly suspected as a cross dresser given my height and build, so I've never entertained the thought of passing in public, and therefore has never been a goal of mine.

I'd really like it for someone to explain to me the desire to mask in public (with the other people in the area not being aware of what is going on). I get it could be thrilling, but the risk/reward ratio seems to be tipped heavily towards the "risk" end.

4 comments:

CĂ©lia GERACI said...

I never go out in public, because I always thought that masks wasn't enough realistic to pass as a real woman. These last years, many progress were done, especially in materials (silicone and latex). So now it will be easier.

I shouldn't talk about that here because it's a big secret, but I will go out in mask for september because of conentions : yes, I begun cosplay, so it's a good reason to go out masked without any problem. I cannot wait to do that, I am very excited. Before that, I took the temperature to know the feeling of people about the question of masking. Almost the same answer : "It will be intereting, do it !"

So it's a good reason to do that. Maybe you should begun cosplay with mask.

Ray said...

I've been Masking in public for 2 years now! I have the Taylor mask from Crea fx! I've gone out with the Taylor mask and fully dressed as a woman! I've been to the mall, coffee shop, library and my University. I've been sitting in the library while studying and most people assume I'm a woman! I also use the women's washroom while dressed. I've ordered coffee a few times and the cashier have looked at me and assumed I was female! It's so addicting in Masking in public when others assume your a woman!

Anima said...

wow, you two are much more brave than me! It's never been a goal of mine to be out in public while masked though. I've been very slowly writing a post to explain why I feel this way, but I absolutely support those who do want to go out while masked!! I also think masking initially under the guise of Cosplay or Halloween or something is a really smart start. I have had fantasies of going to a Halloween party in full fem-form. However, I'm so attached to latex, I feel like the combo of latex and a mask in public would make people's heads explode hehe

But I'd love to see pictures of videos if you two have taken any!!

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about posting your experiences online in a blog of some kind? It's something I'm interested in doing myself...