Saturday, August 4, 2007

now for something a little different...

I took this picture while I was in Japan.
However, while posting it now I'm realizing that I hardly ever put any pictures of myself up while in my normal, masculine form. (however, I guess I call my male side 'Animus' and this isn't Animus's site, so I guess it's fitting)

I also realized that this is also one of the few pictures where my real face is actually exposed, ok... partially exposed.
I think I've talked about this before, but when I first started putting pictures online I made the conscious decision not to reveal my face... not only to keep myself 'anonymous' but moreover because I think that when someone, especially a guy, shows their real face on the net then it says a lot about them.
It's saying one of a few things:
I'm all about latex, fetish, x-dressing, etc. so much so that it's a central to my personality.
I'm trying to find a mate through this online identity.
Or that I'm really after a more real transformation, opposed to a superficial one.

and honestly, I've always been more interested in the process of changing my form, face, genitalia, etc. with prosthetics. So I feel as though I fall into the category of masker and x-dresser who always keeps their face hidden, not to remain anonymous, but rather... I think it's better that way, never knowing what's under the silicone, padding, mask, and rubber, because honestly, nobody comes to this site to see my real face anyway
XP

*Response to Closet:
ya, while browsing google images I did find a few pictures of her with short hair, however the poses were all different. So I picked a picture that was a bit more iconic and probably more recognizable to most people.

2 comments:

ClosetMonster said...

Even though you've never shown us your true face, you've always been up front with us about who you are. That's probably one of the things about you that attracts us. You've allowed us in as part of your honest self discovery.

My discovery of masking and latex was very slow to begin with and didn't become defined until my early thirties. If I'd defined it sooner, I'm sure it would be a larger and more central part of me, making my life decisions much different. Since it did happen later, I refuse to let it become bigger. Family became the larger part of me, and I refuse to let anything supercede that.

You however, are in a position to pursue it as fully as you want. More power to you, Dude! :)

Unknown said...

I have to second CM's comment, here; unlike a lot of other maskers you've never been shy about sharing yourself, even if from behind a mask. That makes your thoughts compelling to read - if sometimes a little close to the bone.

BTW, you have a figure most women would probably envy, judging by that shot. :)

CM, you make an interesting point regarding when in life you 'discover' masks and masking. They've been with me all of my life - at least, ever since I was sexually aware of myself - but it's only been in the last ten years that the internet has opened my eyes to the possibilities, and of course to the fact that there are others out there with the same interests.

If I could go back in time and tell my 13 year old self that this would be possible in 20 years, I imagine he wouldn't believe me. Then again, maybe he would - he had some imagination. :)